[Spambayes] Incredimail

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Wed Sep 13 15:54:07 CEST 2006

    Bob> I was under the impression that Incredimail is, first and foremost,
    Bob> an industrial-strength adware/spyware delivery system. Is that a
    Bob> bum rap?

I'd never even heard of it until well after the 1.0 release of SpamBayes.
Google searches seem to suggest it's used for nefarious purposes.

Maybe everyone with a procmail setup should set up a "vacation" message
which responds once to anyone who sends them an email via Incredimail
alerting them to its potential dangers.

If we can confirm that it is a spyware delivery vehicle maybe we should
tweak SpamBayes so it refuses to work with it, even if it's technically
possible.  Just an idle thought from a cranky, sleep-deprived guy on a rainy
Wednesday morning in Chicago.

Skip