[Spambayes] Problem with POP3 Proxy: Service stops by itself + comments and feed back

mail.who at gmail.com mail.who at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 07:13:58 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am using SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Version 1.0.4 (March 2005) (binary), with version 2.3.5 (#62, Feb  8 2005, 16:23:02) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)] of Python; my operating system is Windows 5.1.2600.2 (Service Pack 2).  I have trained 1108 ham and 1155 spam.

The problem I am having is SpamBayes service keeps stopping by itself.
- Sometimes the SpamBayes service stop (icon in TaskTray changes from green/play to red/stop) and when I start it goes back to stop.
To cause it to start again I have to exit SpamBayes and run it again.

Other comments:
1. Non-English characters (Hebrew for instance - both Windows-1255 and Unicode UTF8) are displayed as gibberish in review screen.
2. SSL is not supported (needed for additional filtering of Gmail's emails).
3. Maybe you could add a blue-frog style automatic encrypted-database opt-out for reviewed messages marked as spam by user?

Other than that, thanks for the great program, it works even better than Google's spam filter.

Danny.