[Spambayes] DoesFolderHaveOutlookField() error

Manzoni Fabio Fabio.Manzoni at compassonline.it
Tue Sep 26 12:34:06 CEST 2006

Hi, I'm running spambayes 1.0.4 on Outlook2k on Windows2k.
It ran ok for months, the suddenly stop ped filtering new messages.
Looking into the log, i saw there was a problema creating the 'Spam' field in
the 'incoming mail' folder, saying the field was created but looked like it didn't exist, with
a probable error with DoesFolderHaveOutlookField().
I tried to install/reinstall, manually delete or add the Spam field in the folder, but
without success.
At the end, noticing I had other user fields (not related to Spambayes) I tried deleting them,
quitting and restarting outlook, and... voilà! everything is ok now.

Don't know if my solution works for all the people having a similar problem, but
maybe it can be useful for the developers...

Bye

Qualsiasi utilizzo non autorizzato del presente messaggio, nonche' dei suoi allegati e' vietato.
Le dichiarazioni contenute nel presente messaggio, nonche' nei suoi allegati, devono essere attribuite esclusivamente
al mittente e non possono essere considerate come trasmesse o autorizzate da COMPASS S.p.A.; le medesime dichiarazioni
non impegnano COMPASS S.p.A. nei confronti del destinatario o di terzi.