[Spambayes] SpamBayes Issue

Bret Durrett Bret.Durrett at onlinehome.de
Thu Apr 5 14:40:32 CEST 2007

Good Morning!

I WAS using SpamBayes 1.0.4 but, due to another problem, I had to uninstall
it. After re-installing it (once I got the other problem fixed), it would
NEVER run again. In fact, Outlook crashes on opening with the SpamBayes
Addin active.

I tried the steps on the FAQ (1. Uninstall & reboot, 2. Clean out Registry
and reboot, 3. Reinstall and reboot) but that didn't help either. The log
files are non-existent (Zero Length files) so they can't be used to track
the problem. I just get the infamous "The addin has caused a serious problem
in MS Outlook....."

Any ideas? It was working perfectly and, if not for a problem with the v7.0
of Zone Alarm (since relegated tot he rubbish bin in exchange for the Comodo
Firewall), I would still be using it.

Stats are:

XP SP2 with latest patches
4000 MHz AMD 64 San Diego
2 GB RAM
Office XP (fully patched) with Outlook (also fully patched)

Regards,
Bret

Bret W. Durrett

Mittlerer Hasenpfad 50