[Spambayes] Grading messages in Outlook

Rose Lee rosema at getrheel.co.nz
Tue Apr 17 02:34:53 CEST 2007

I have looked through the FAQ's but can't find the thing I'm looking
for.  I'm not very tech savvy, so I hope that my explanation makes
sense.

I can't find the magazine article that I first downloaded SpamBayes from
either, but I seem to recall either when I got to the page, or from that
article, that I needed to download or change something in Outlook so
that SpamBayes would grade my messages.  Rate them maybe?

So each message in my inbox would have a rating - I remember changing
some settings following a list of instructions on the site.  And my
messages did have ratings, and SpamBayes and I were getting on just
great.  I had nothing marked as junk that wasn't, and we were just
tweaking the unsure (but I had it set to 1%, so that was to be
expected).

My husband built me a new computer.  I have transferred Outlook across,
and downloaded SpamBayes.  It sorted out the first lot of mail that had
come in this morning, but doesn't seem to be doing anything now - and it
isn't rating it.

Effectively I have a clean install - but I know that I'm missing
something and I can't find out how to put it back in.  The page at the
site seems to show that I don't need any more than what I downloaded
this morning, but please can you point me to where I can find the
instructions for it to rate my mail and start it sorting again.

Thank you for your help,

Rose