[Spambayes] [spambayes-dev] WG: false positive

Kenny Pitt kenny.pitt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 18:19:15 CEST 2007

[Moving to spambayes at python.org]

On 4/16/07, Wilhelm Klenner <wk at klenner.at> wrote:
> Sorry, I could not attach a 112k Mail, seems like it is too big to fit thru
> our 12MBit flat lines :-O
>
> Can someone give me a hint anyway?
>

> Kind regards, WiKl

I'm assuming you're using Outlook. If not, please write back and let
us know some more details about your configuration.

In the SpamBayes dropdown menu you should find an item labeled "Show
spam clues for current message". These clues are the most important
information for determining why a message scored the way it did.
Select one of the incorrect emails while it is still in possible spam,
and *before training on it* choose the "Show spam clues" command. This
will generate an email message that you can address to
spambayes at python.org and submit for us to look at. Large attachments
like images (or recorded messages) will usually be discarded, but if
the message is still too big to send then you can delete the section
labeled Message Stream before forwarding.

If these emails always come from the same sender then you might also
consider setting up an Outlook rule. SpamBayes doesn't support
"whitelisting" (allowing all mails from a specific sender), but you
can create a rule in Outlook to move all messages from this sender to
a separate folder that is not processed by SpamBayes. In the default
SpamBayes configuration, Outlook rules should be processed before
SpamBayes analyses the message. If not, look for the "Advanced" tab in
SpamBayes Manager and select "Enable background filtering".

--
Kenny Pitt