[Spambayes] Problem

Jesse Pelton jsp at PKC.com
Thu Aug 9 21:00:43 CEST 2007

Hang on there; is "Spam Suspects" different from "Junk Suspects?" That
is, do you have SpamBayes putting suspected spam in a different folder
from where Outlook/Exchange puts suspected junk? If so, you're quite
right that my initial hypothesis was incorrect. If SpamBayes is just
doing a bad job of filtering your messages, it might be worth retraining
it from scratch.

Also, please note that SpamBayes does not filter based on the sender, or
more accurately, the sender is one of many factors that SpamBayes uses
to score messages. If you get messages from someone you trust who sends
you messages that have content similar to messages that you're trained
as spam, you may have to train a lot of messages from that sender before
SpamBayes gets it right.

If all else fails, you can set up an Outlook rule to move messages from
senders you trust before SpamBayes processes them. Just move them to a
folder that SpamBayes is not set up to filter.

________________________________

From: Douglas B McAdams [mailto:dbmcadams at transportinvestments.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2007 2:50 PM
To: Jesse Pelton
Subject: RE: [Spambayes] Problem

What I expect to happen is: I click on something in my "Spam Suspects"
I then click on "Recover from Spam"  and thereafter the sender's e-mail
address is not sent to the "Spam Suspect" file, and instead goes
directly to my "Inbox." That is not happening. Instead I am having to
recover time and time again the same sender from "Spam Suspects."