[Spambayes] I recently installed spambayes on my home computer, but I DO NOT HAVE A SPAMBAYES TOOLBAR. Can you help me?

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at amedee.be
Wed Aug 15 11:10:05 CEST 2007

Op dinsdag 14-08-2007 om 17:15 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef Caroline:
> We have installed this on our computers at my office, and we LOVE your
> program.  At work, I have a toolbar, but do not have one at home, even
> though it shows that Spambayes was an Add-In to Outlook Express...I've
> done a thorough search on my computer, and can't find anything ...can
> you tell me what I might need to do?  Thanks for any assistance you
> can give me.

Hello,

Usually in professional environments (offices) the mail client is
Outlook. Outlook is a part of the Microsoft Office suite, so you'll have
to pay for it.
On home computers the mail client is often Outlook Express. Outlook
Express is a "freebie", it came with your Windows for no extra cost.

Despite the name, "Outlook" and "Outlook Express" are two totally
different programs. Outlook is a very advanced piece of software (some
would say too complex), Outlook Express is very simple (some would say
too simple).

The fact that you say that you have a toolbar at the office, proves that
you use Outlook at the office, because Spambayes only has a toolbar for
Outlook.
Spambayes never had, and probably never will have, a toolbar for Outlook
Express. For the simple reason that Outlook Express doesn't support
toolbars.

More info can be found here:
http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/faq.html#does-spambayes-work-with-outlook-express
http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/faq.html#how-do-i-set-up-spambayes-and-outlook-express