[Spambayes] Mail Suddenly Not Filtering

Mario Maillet mario at allsetinc.com
Tue Aug 28 16:54:51 CEST 2007

Hello,

I have SpamBayes installed and configured on a Win 2000 machine using
Outlook 2003 SP2.  It is configured so the spam messages are managed in a
folder named “SPAM” and unsure messages are managed in a folder named “Junk
Suspects”.  The Outlook Junk Mail option is not enabled, but e-mails from
the addresses in the Blocked Senders list are moved to the “Junk E-mail”
folder.

For about a year or so, mail was being filtered properly, but just recently,
it stopped working.  Instead of messages being properly filtered in the
“SPAM” and “Junk Suspects” folder, most of the e-mails are being moved into
the “Junk Suspects” folder now.  When I try to manually classify the e-mail
by using the Delete As Spam and Recover From Spam buttons, the messages are
not being moved.  If I close Outlook and reopen it, I sometimes will be able
to manually classify a few messages, but then it stops working again.

I have tried to uninstall/reinstall SpamBayes, but it didn’t resolve the
issue.  Attached is the log file.

Any suggestions are appreciated.  Thank you

Mario

MARIO MAILLET
MANAGER OF TECHNICAL SERVICES
ALLSET INC.
3885 VICTORIA AVENUE
VINELAND, ONTARIO   L0R 2C0
T: 905-562-1222  F: 905-562-3652
www.allsetinc.com

Our responsibility is limited to the amount of our fees.
Notre responsabilité est limitée au montant de nos honoraires et de nos
frais.