[Spambayes] Using spambayes for non email spam

Sudeep Das sudeep.das.in at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 13:16:43 CEST 2007

Dear all,
   I moderate a public message board with close to a 100000 users.There are
a lot of spammy posts which take up a lot of time to physically clean up.
   I am thinking of automating it this way:
1. Automatically retrieve posts ( some nifty perl and curl) from the message
board
2. Analyse them using a spam engine ( spambayes for example)
3. Automatically delete spam posts
I already have a reasonable ham and spam collection.
I need to know , at least on a broad level, how I can achieve this ,with
specific references to parts that I can use directly and parts that I need
to write on my own .I guess I need to script my own top level script similar
to the proxies that are already there.
I have a group of volunteers to help me, and we shall only be too glad to
contribute our code to spambayes, if we succeed .
Regards
Sudeep