[Spambayes] Using spambayes for non email spam

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at amedee.be
Thu Aug 30 13:50:39 CEST 2007

On Thu, August 30, 2007 13:16, Sudeep Das wrote:
> Dear all,
>    I moderate a public message board with close to a 100000 users.There
> are
> a lot of spammy posts which take up a lot of time to physically clean up.
>    I am thinking of automating it this way:
> 1. Automatically retrieve posts ( some nifty perl and curl) from the
> message
> board
> 2. Analyse them using a spam engine ( spambayes for example)
> 3. Automatically delete spam posts
> I already have a reasonable ham and spam collection.
> I need to know , at least on a broad level, how I can achieve this ,with
> specific references to parts that I can use directly and parts that I need
> to write on my own .I guess I need to script my own top level script
> similar
> to the proxies that are already there.
> I have a group of volunteers to help me, and we shall only be too glad to
> contribute our code to spambayes, if we succeed .
> Regards
> Sudeep

Hello,

Which board software do you use?
You should check out the Akismet service.
It was originally developed for WordPress, but there are also
implementations for other software. I personally use it for Drupal.
See http://akismet.com/development/ to find out if your board software is
supported.

--
Amedee