[Spambayes] How do I use Spambayes with Gmail

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Dec 14 21:42:08 CET 2007

    John> I use firefox with Gmail.  I have seen up to 100 email's a day I
    John> know some of them are ads. but they use Rich Text. and carry
    John> malware.

As Jesse indicated, unless you actually use Gmail's POP3 support you won't
have the opportunity to feed your email to SpamBayes.  I also use Gmail and
I am continually scratching my head about the behavior of their antispam
capability.  Lot's of false negatives (some unbelievably obvious - Hey
Gmail!!!  can't you tell by now that I think all email written in Korean is
spam???) and enough false positives that I wind up having to go back and
skim through hundreds or thousands of "spam" messages looking for several it
misclassified as spam.

Skip