[Spambayes] Windows Mail - Vista

Jesse Pelton jsp at PKC.com
Wed Dec 19 15:28:52 CET 2007

I don't have any experience with Windows Mail, but odds are you can
configure it to work with SpamBayes. I don't know whether it can use
Outlook plugins, but I'd be a bit surprised if it could, since it's
positioned as a successor to Outlook Express. Presumably you can
configure it similarly to Outlook Express.

Note, though, that Windows Mail supposedly has Bayesian filtering built
in. You may not need SpamBayes at all.

Furthermore, Windows Mail has already been succeeded by Windows Live
Mail, which is claimed to have a superset of the features in Windows
Mail. See http://get.live.com/.

________________________________

From: spambayes-bounces at python.org [mailto:spambayes-bounces at python.org]
On Behalf Of Patrick Porter
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 10:08 PM
To: spambayes at python.org
Subject: [Spambayes] Windows Mail - Vista

The FAQ 2.1 states Spambayes will work under Windows Vista, but the
referenced link discusses Outlook. The email prgram under Vista is now
called Windows Mail, not Outlook. So, my question is does it
specifically work with Windows Mail under Vista?

I just got a new computer with Vista and Windows Mail. I had Outlook and
XP on the old computer and used Sapmbayes and loved it.

Thanks,
Patrick Porter