[Spambayes] Problem building 1.0.4 under Python 2.5

Thomas Hruska thruska at cubiclesoft.com
Sun Dec 23 23:21:14 CET 2007

Okay, I've followed the directions in README-DEVEL.txt and the final
sb_tray.exe refuses to do anything.

Python 2.5.1 w/ py2exe (latest), resourcepackage (latest), pywin32 (latest)
InnoSetup 5.2.2
Spambayes 1.0.4

Modified the .iss script so it would work properly under IS 5.x.  I also
altered the setup_all.py script as per some website I found so it didn't
barf on the Outlook typelib stuff (I have Outlook 2003 but don't use it
and don't think I've got Outlook 2000 anywhere).  It now doesn't locate
any typelibs, but that's fine.

Here's a list of things that py2exe can't find:

['Entrian', 'FCNTL', 'OpenSSL', '_pybsddb', 'bsddb3', 'bsddb3.dbutils',
'email.Encoders', 'email.Errors', 'email.Generator', 'email.Header',
'email.Iterators', 'email.MIMEAudio', 'email.MIMEBase',
'email.MIMEImage', 'email.MIMEMultipart', 'email.MIMEText',
'email.Message', 'email.Parser', 'email.Utils', 'email.base64MIME',
'exchange', 'exchdapi', 'gdbm', 'psycopg', 'pywin.dialogs',
'pywin.dialogs.list', 'resource', 'twisted.internet.app']

 From what I've read, most of that stuff is unimportant.  However, I
figure the 'email.*' stuff is fairly critical and the cause of my
problem.  How it managed to successfully build without critical
components is weird.  Running sb_server.py from the command-line works
fine - only the py2exe-based stuff is hosed.  The website says Spambayes
builds the e-mail stuff with 2.2.2 and later out of the box...that would
include 2.5.1.

What do I need to do to get this to build under 2.5?  I'd rather not
re-install Python.  It was a pain to install in the first place and
hosed portions of my dev. environment.  I'd rather apply a patch to some
file.  I found some website in a foreign language that supposedly has a
fix specifically for this but it didn't make a whole lot of sense:

http://www.developpez.net/forums/showthread.php?t=348257

--
Thomas Hruska
CubicleSoft President