[Spambayes] Problem building 1.0.4 under Python 2.5

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at amedee.be
Wed Dec 26 13:25:27 CET 2007

On Mon, December 24, 2007 06:26, Thomas Hruska wrote:

> I've figured out the problem:  Case-sensitivity.  py2exe treats imports
> as case-sensitive and the email package in Python 2.5 changed to all
> lower-case.  However, even the email package references itself using the
> older naming scheme.

This is logical.

You are using a programming language that was designed on a Unix system
(well... sort of. Unix-ish, this is blurred by the mists of history).
Python is shipped as a standard component in all operating systems of the
Unix family: Unix, Linux, BSD, Solaris, MacOS,...
Unix-like operating systems have always been case sensitive, or at least
since the early seventies.

Python was invented in the early nineties.

It is only in the early zeroties that Python was ported to
case-insensitive operating systems like Windows.

I know case sensitivity is tricky for people who code in Visual Basic, but
for C coders it should come natural.
What is your language of choice?

--
Amedee Van Gasse