[Spambayes] Help Please! 90% there...

Matkat matkatamiba at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 14:20:07 CET 2007

I've been using the Outlook add-in of SB for years, but MS in its wisdom
decided to disable Outlook when I upgraded my PC's memory.  I can't find the
original CD to re-install so I am switching to Pegasus Mail.

I have installed the new SpamBayes version for non-Outlook mail programs,
configured it, set my Pegasus Mail to localhost, and am almost there but my
mail server does not recognize my user name or password when I try to
retrieve mail.  It is receiving the request from Pegasus Mail because I get
a Pegasus Mail error message saying my user name and passwords are
unrecognized by the mail server.  Pegasus Mail picks up mail fine when it is
pointed directly at the mail server (not via Spambayes localhost). I've
looked through all the SpamBayes install files and troubleshooting files but
can't find anyting related to this problem.  The correct user name and
password is being sent - just not recognized.

Any ideas?

I'm using Windsows XP
Pegasus Mail v4
SpamBayes 1.0.4 (just downloaded today)