[Spambayes] Problem with Spam Bayes

Thomas Hruska thruska at cubiclesoft.com
Fri Dec 28 02:12:55 CET 2007

Shirley at farnsworthandassoc.com wrote:
> I am having a problem with Spam Bayes.  The tool bar appears at the top of
> my e-mail; however, it's not working.  I went under the (spambayes) HELP-
> Trouble Shooting.  It then told me if this problem occured that I should go
> to (outlook) TOOLS-OPTIONS-OTHER-ADVANCE-COM ADD INS- CHECK IT to enable.
> This did not work because it was already checked.  I then went to (outlook)
> HELP-ABOUT MICROSOFT OUTLOOK- AND HIT DISABLE to disable and then
> enable....this did not work because nothing was disabled.
>

> Is this all making sense?
>
> Do I need to delete spambayes and upload it again and reconfigure the whole
> thing for it to work?  Please tell me no.
>
> Thanks for all your help.

I've noticed a large increase in the number of Outlook add-in related
messages in the last couple weeks.  During this time, Microsoft has
released _several_ Office updates, a few specific to Outlook.  Someone
should take a look at the effect such updates have in relation to the
Outlook add-in.  The events are too close together to be merely
coincidental.  As a bonus, it may help pinpoint the main problem of
Spambayes flaking out randomly for various people without any "reason or
rhyme" (i.e. potentially solving Outlook add-in issues once and for all).

--
Thomas Hruska
CubicleSoft President

*NEW* MyTaskFocus 1.1