[Spambayes] Bugs? Yup. Fixes? Definitely. Downloadable installer and patches? Yes.

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Dec 31 07:57:39 CET 2007

Hi Thomas,

> While applying the modifications I suggested a couple weeks ago, I'm
> fairly (99%) certain I've run into at least one critical bug in the
> Spambayes 1.0.4 POP3 proxy.  If you use the proxy, read on.

Your description of the problem and solution certainly sounds reasonable.

> For those who want to see my changes (12MB file):
> http://www.cubiclesoft.com/Unrelated/spambayes-1.0.4.zip

Any chance you can create a patch and upload it to sourceforge so it doesn't
get lost?  Its much easier to review your changes that way.  Ideally, there
would be a separate patch for each individual problem (I'm afraid I can't
recall the other changes you refer to)

> Total time spent on getting this all working was roughly 20 hours.
> Time I'd rather have spent doing something else.  However, I'm quite
> happy with the result.

Welcome to open-source development <wink>

> Merry Christmas!  I can't think of a better Christmas present than to
> know there will be more spam blocked next year thanks to my changes to
> Spambayes.

Thanks - Happy New Year!

Mark