[Spambayes] SpamBayes stopped working with Outlook 2007

Peter Bishop bishop at aeroprise.com
Wed Feb 21 01:07:49 CET 2007

I liked what Klieg said recently about this kind of problem (assuming you
followed the instructions in the FAQs already) - please let us know if it
helps:
SpamBayes quit working for me a while ago. The menu bar in Outlook still
showed the controls, however they did not respond. I tried re-installing the
product and it showed registered in the log, however still did not work.

I un-installed the product, deleted the menu from Outlook, then re-installed
the product.

It still did not work. When I tried to turn on the COMM addin in Outlook by
checking the addin under Tools > Options > Other > Advanced Options > Comm
Addins, still nothing. When going back into the Comm addins options, the
checkbox was un-checked.

Then I selected the Spambayes item in the Comm add-ins option window and
selected 'Remove'. I then selected 'Add' to add in the SpamBayes addin. In
the file dialogue box, you need to navigate to the addin under program files

> Spambayes > Bin > outlook_addin.dll.

The addin takes a little while to install at this point, then the Spambayes
menu items should show up.
You'll need to re-configure some of the Spambayes setup, then things should
be back in working order.

Peter Bishop

  _____