[Spambayes] Large emails

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Wed Feb 21 20:29:59 CET 2007

I have recently installed Spambayes 1.0.4-3 (Debian testing) on a system
that is a mixture of Sarge and Etch.  The filtering is fantastic, but
large emails, either in the body or as attachments, fail.  Incoming
(hosted elsewhere) have the attachment stripped.  Outgoing (hosted at
our company) cause the generation of an smtp failure error message.  The
hardware is an old Gateway GP7-500 with the maximum 384MB of memory.
Running "top" on the server shows the CPU at 99%+, memory usage constant
at about 382MB used, but the swap file is never touched.  When the email
(~1.6MB) is 86% sent, spambayes gives up.  Do I need more powerful
hardware; or is there a configuration setting that I'm missing; or is it
something else altogether?

Thanks,
Dale