[Spambayes] problems with Outlook Express

Alan Moss alan at alanmoss.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 23 10:53:46 CET 2007

Dear Spambayes

I have downloaded Spambayes because I recently went on to broadband, and had to transfer to Outlook Express for email because my previous email prgramme Turnpike would not work.   And then I started receiving loads of spam.   Hance Spambayes!  I have configured Spambayes with my POP3 proxy options, but still cannot get the email flowing through on to Outlook so that I can train the system.   I have had advice from somebody who says that there should be an icon appearing on Outlook express so that I can click on that icon and automatically classify messages as ham, spam and so on, but I have no sign of this.

So there is something I have not done right, and I cannot work what what it is.  Is there a telephone helpline available, or some other help facility which addresses my problem?

I am on Windows XP, and my email proivder is demon (alan at alanmoss.demon.co.uk)

Many thanks

Alan Moss

Alan Moss
History by the Yard - Information about the Policing of London
www.historybytheyard.co.uk