[Spambayes] A fix for image spam???

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at amedee.be
Fri Jan 5 00:25:00 CET 2007

Op vrijdag 05-01-2007 om 08:26 uur [tijdzone +1000], schreef Bill Hely:
> As a long-time SpamBayes user who finds that SpamBayes seems to
> be relatively helpless against image spam, I'm looking for
> informed comment on the following, received from Sunbelt
> Software:
>
> 	 Start Quote
>
> Does your Antispam solution catch Image Spam? Ninja Does!
>
> Rather than using possibly unpredictable heuristics or
> computationally expensive optical character recognition, Ninja
> uses fingerprinting algorithms that generate identities from a
> single piece of content. Leveraging the power of the Cloudmark
> engine, fingerprinting algorithms offer the most efficient and
> robust Image Spam protection to date!
>
> Stop Image Spam today, with this free 30 day Messaging Ninja for
> Exchange trial:
> http://www.sunbelt-software.com/SunbeltMessagingNinja-Download.cf

When I read how Cloudmark fingerprinting works, I get the impression it
does the same as most bayes-based spamfilters, only on a much larger
scale.
Anyway, it's for Exchange (mailservers), and Spambayes isn't: it is for
the end user with his individual mail client.

> Can SpamBayes ever conquer image spam to ant substantial degree?

It already does that for me. Doesn't it do that for you? What version do
you use?

--
Amedee Van Gasse
amedee at amedee.be