[Spambayes] email

Peter Bishop bishop at aeroprise.com
Tue Jan 16 19:37:40 CET 2007

Stacey,

I am not quite sure exactly what action you took to "put someone in the Spam
Junk E-mail".  In particular, was it a SpamBayes command or an Outlook
command?  Outlook has its own spam processing that usually works before
SpamBayes spam processing.  To fix the situation, you need to find the email
in question.  Look in the Spam Junk E-mail folder for this email.  If the
problem is that you used Outlook mechanisms to mark this as spam, then
right-click on the email and select the appropriate command from the Junk
Email command menu.  You should really have separate spam folders for
Outlook and SpamBayes.  If you used SpamBayes to mark this as spam, then you
can just either use the Recover from Spam command or you can move the email
to your Inbox.  These actions are equivalent to SpamBayes.  Remember that
SpamBayes does not have the concept of "putting someone safe or unsafe".
SpamBayes uses many more clues than simply who the email is from to
determine what is spam and what is good (or what SpamBayes calls "ham").
SpamBayes can easily distinguish spam from ham from the same sender.  If you
have any friends like some of mine, then you might need this.

Peter Bishop

  _____