[Spambayes] Windows reinstall

mike padmore mike_padmore at zen.co.uk
Thu Jan 25 16:56:55 CET 2007

Hi, I have been running SpamBayes on Windows XP/Outlook Express for about 9
months, and very effective it is too, now that it is fully trained.

I am about to reinstall Wndows but do not wish to have to retrain Spambayes.
I have copied the Spambayes folder, as instructed in the Backup FAQ, but
cannot find a FAQ that tells me how to utilise this after the reinstall.

Do I reinstall Spambayes from the website, then paste in the previously
backedup folder in the appropriate place? Do I deleted the old .ini file
before doing this, as my PC's configuration will undoubtedly have changed?

Advice appreciated

Mike Padmore