[Spambayes] Database error

Tom listmail at athenet.net
Fri Jan 26 20:56:28 CET 2007

At 10:23 AM 1/26/2007 -0600, skip at pobox.com wrote:

>     >> The default storage doesn't support multiple writers to the database.

I take this to mean that perhaps I was training on some messages while my
email client was open and actively updating the database... is that what
this might mean?

>     >> That's the usual cause of corruption.  I suggest you switch to the
>     >> zodb storage and train from scratch.  If you really do have multiple
>     >> writers, switch to zeo.
>
>     Tom> Skip: I don't understand what you mean by zodb or zeo. Are these
>     Tom> different compile options? I run a binary.  Here are my choices on
>     Tom> the config menu:
>
>     Tom> Use database for storage:
>     Tom> mysql
>     Tom> pgsql
>     Tom> dbm
>     Tom> pickle
>     Tom> True
>     Tom> False
>     Tom> True
>     Tom> False
>
>What version of SpamBayes are you running?  I thought the latest version had
>zodb and zeo options.

Pop3 proxy version is 1.0.4. I'm not sure how to check what version any
other part of it is. I do know for sure that the latest download I have
here is an EXE installer for 1.0.4 which I obtained on or before 8/1/2006.
And there are no options visible in the config page
(http://localhost:8880/config) for zodb and zeo options.

[Culture] Every film should have a beginning, a middle, and an end,
not necessarily in that order. --Jean-Luc Goddard
tpeters at nospam.mixcom.com   (remove "nospam") N9QQB (amateur radio)
"HEY YOU" (loud shouting)  WEB ADDRESS http//www.mixweb.com/tpeters
43° 7' 17.2" N by 88° 6' 28.9" W,  Elevation 815',  Grid Square EN53wc
WAN/LAN/Telcom Analyst, Tech Writer, MCP, CCNA, Registered Linux User 385531