[Spambayes] SpamBayes crashes silently on Mac OS X

Kevin Yank thatguy at kevinyank.com
Mon Jul 2 04:49:31 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I’m using the latest SpamBayes package for Mac OS X from
http://entrian.com/sbwiki/MacOSXPackage.

Although SpamBayes runs perfectly for several days following
installation, I find that after about a week of use (and training) the
SpamBayes pop3proxy begins to crash silently while I am in the process
of downloading email. The problem appears to worsen progressively until
I am unable to download more than a dozen emails in one session without
pop3proxy crashing.

The first time this happened, I bit the bullet, blew away my SpamBayes
training data, and started from scratch. This alleviated the problem in
the short term, but as my training database grew, the crashes returned
and I am now back in a situation of having to restart pop3proxy after
every 10-15 messages I download.

Any tips for diagnosing/correcting this issue?

--
Kevin Yank