[Spambayes] SpamBayes crashes silently on Mac OS X

Kevin Yank thatguy at kevinyank.com
Tue Jul 3 07:17:26 CEST 2007

skip at pobox.com wrote:
> Third, can you run sb_server.py under control of a debugger and let me know
> where it's executing when it crashes?
Hmm … not looking good:

 > /Library/SpamBayes/sb_server.py(42)<module>()
-> """
(Pdb) cont
SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Version 1.0.4 (March 2005)
and engine SpamBayes Engine Version 0.3 (January 2004).

User interface url is http://localhost:8880/
Segmentation fault

As before, the segfault occurred while downloading email. I restarted
SpamBayes following the crash, and the same message downloaded without
an issue.

Any suggestions at this stage?

-Kev.