[Spambayes] New version, or alternative program?

Jesse Pelton jsp at PKC.com
Mon Jul 30 19:11:54 CEST 2007

A new version has been imminent for many moons.  After a year or two of
quiet, there's been more activity lately, so there may in fact be a 1.1
version that attempts to extract clues from images before long.  There's
no schedule, but I wouldn't let that get in the way.  The long period
without a release is more indicative of a mature project with software
that just works than of a lack of interest.

For what it's worth, people have reported working installations of
SpamBayes with Vista and Outlook 2007.

-----Original Message-----
From: spambayes-bounces at python.org [mailto:spambayes-bounces at python.org]
On Behalf Of Daniel Williams
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 11:55 AM
To: spambayes at python.org
Subject: [Spambayes] New version, or alternative program?

I have been using SpamBayes for a while now, and occasionally look for
updates.  Is there any chance of an update in the future, or is the
project dead?  Are there any alternatives you could recommend?  I use
the SpamBayes outlook plugin on Windows.  It is working fine, but I
just want to make sure that I have alternatives in case a new version
of Outlook or Windows breaks it.

Cheers,
Daniel Williams
SpamBayes at python.org