[Spambayes] Spambayes trashes PST file links in OuchLook

Coe, Bob rcoe at CambridgeMA.GOV
Tue Jun 12 17:34:05 CEST 2007

I now think I recall that the solution is to substitute a new "Outlook
profile"; indeed, there may even be a Microsoft paper dealing with the
issue. (N.B.: A user's Outlook profile is not the same as his Windows
roaming profile or any of the other profiles one commonly sees
mentioned. At least pre-Vista, "profile" is the most overloaded word in
the Microsoft argot.) Creating a new Outlook profile (and persuading
Outlook to use it) is not exactly trivial, and a discussion of how to do
it (even if I thought I could explain it adequately) is beyond the scope
of this mailing list. But I'm almost certain that there *is* a Microsoft
paper that describes how to do that.

Assuming I'm remembering correctly, note that the solution is
independent of whether Spambayes had a role in creating the probem.

Bob