[Spambayes] Log for install

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Mar 1 05:43:17 CET 2007

To manually register and unregister the binary release of spambayes, use
'bin\outlook_addin_register.exe" instead of addin.py - the same cmd-line
options should work though.

Try the following:
* Shutdown outlook
* Execute outlook_addin_register.exe without any args.
* Start Outlook
* Look in your %TEMP% directory for spambayes1.log (I  *think* that is the
filename - see the "troubleshooting guide") and mail the contents of that
file back to the list.  If that logfile can't be found, or shows no evidence
of spambayes being loaded at all, then you should get back to looking into
if Outlook has disabled all addins.

If the user is not an administrator of the machine, you may also like to try
installing it via an admin account.

Mark