[Spambayes] Help in re-install

Chuck Cole cncole at earthlink.net
Sat May 5 00:21:24 CEST 2007

I'm not an expert with Spambayes troubleshooting, but might be some
help.

I use Windows XP, and OutLook.  I need the Spambayes OutLook Addition,
and you do also.  I see the toolbar, but I also see Spambayes on the
Program Menu, and the OutLook addition shows there.

Be sure you have the Outlook addition installed as well as Spambayes.
Close Outlook and re-open it just for good measure and to let OutLook
"see it".  Look for toolbar.
Toolbar might now be present, but may not be enabled yet.

I frequently make the mistake of moving my Junk Mail folder to a Spam
Samples folder instead of just moving trapped messages.  When I do that,
I must
1) move it back,
2) re-identify that folder in "filtering" on the Spambayes config as
where to put bad stuff, and
3) re-enable Spambayes to operate.  I usually forget to re-enable and
must do that.

I do not need to re-generate filtering rules, however, so this
restoration is pretty quick.

Something in that description may help fix your problem.  I've
re-installed Spambayes a few times with no great difficulty when I
install the OutLook addition also.

I have other problems with the Spambayes and OutLook interface...

Chuck