[Spambayes] Spambayes prevents IE from sending email via MS Outlook 2003

chermesh NBXAHFHVPQUE at spammotel.com
Sat May 26 13:31:12 CEST 2007

Hi,
Whenever I try to send a page or a link from my IE7 browser via MS Outlook
2003, I get an error. I looked for a solujtion on the net and found the
following link, which to be correct:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Office_Productivity/Groupware/Outlook/Q_21765566.html

Since this page is available only to subscribers of experts-exchange, let me
quote it:

"What was happening was that from within IE when trying to 'send link by
email' or 'send page by email', I was getting a Microsoft Office Outlook
dialog box that said "The operation failed".  After some testing I
discovered that the SpamBayes anti-spam plug-in installed was causing
Outlook to not close completely after the Outlook process was launched by
trying to send a link from IE.

To see if this is the problem, close all Outlook windows then look at your
task manager to see if you see an Outlook process.  If you see any, kill
them.  Then in IE (with Outlook closed) try to send a link again.  It may
work once, but if you look at task manager you'll notice the process still
there.  And if you try to send a second link, it gives an error.

If these are the symptoms you are seeing, go into your Outlook options and
disable all the 'COM Add-Ins' and items in the 'Add-In Manager'.  See if
this fixes the problem then enable the plug-ins one by one to find the
culprit".

Is there a way to instruct SB to quit altogether from the system when MS
Outlook closes? The absense of this complete closure seems to be the cause
for the reported problem.

Ran