[Spambayes] SpamBayes Training Issues

Jesse Pelton jsp at PKC.com
Mon Nov 12 18:23:25 CET 2007

>From the FAQ: "If you really need whitelisting, consider implementing
rules in your mailer to intercept the messages before they're passed to
SpamBayes."  By default, the Outlook plug-in is configured to wait
briefly before processing messages, with the intent of allowing Outlook
rules to execute.  You can set up a rule to move messages from addresses
that you consider safe to a different folder.  You may want to have
SpamBayes move ham to that folder as well so you don't have to look for
messages in multiple folders.  (This is supported in the 1.1 alpha
builds.)

Another possibility: depending on how "spam-like" the messages in
question are, retraining SpamBayes might help.  If they really are
spammy, it won't.

-----Original Message-----
From: spambayes-bounces at python.org [mailto:spambayes-bounces at python.org]
On Behalf Of Rob Peterson
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 12:12 PM
To: spambayes at python.org
Subject: [Spambayes] SpamBayes Training Issues

Hi,

There are some "spam-like" messages from certain e-mail addresses that I
would like to receive, but I can't seem to train SpamBayes not to treat
them
as spam.  Is there a way to add an e-mail address to a "safe senders"
list
within SpamBayes to prevent certain e-mails from being treated as spam?
For
example, Outlook 2007's (my e-mail client) spam filtering mechanism
incorporates a safe sender's list.

Thanks,

Rob

SpamBayes at python.org