[Spambayes] Spambayes is crashing

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Oct 5 11:58:30 CEST 2007

    Peter> Thanks. How do I do that? Just delete the contents of Application
    Peter> Data/SpamBayes, or do I have to leave some sort of structure
    Peter> behind? I couldn't find anything on the website or the wiki about
    Peter> it.

That's a good question.  I don't use Windows so I have no direct experience
with where things are located.  Go to the SpamBayes website
(http://www.spambayes.org/) and locate the troubleshooting guide for
Windows.  I might well tell you how to find and delete your database.  If
not, someone here (on the spambayes list) can problem tell you.

    Peter> This is a bit worrying - my firewall also seems to have been
    Peter> corrupted. Is it a coincidence that two of my security programs
    Peter> have been corrupted at the same time?

I wouldn't think so unless you have a problem with your disk.  The usual
cause of database corruption is having two programs writing the file at the
same time.  That shouldn't normally be an issue on Windows.  Has it gone
blue screen on you recently?  There must be some sort of disk checking
facility on the box to check the filesystem integrity.  Give that a whirl.

Skip