[Spambayes] SpamBayes not working as it used to

Joel Rosenthal rojo.editor at verizon.net
Sat Oct 20 18:24:54 CEST 2007

I recently had to get a new hard drive and reinstall my entire system.
Before that, I had Outlook 2007 with SpamBayes (Windows XP Pro), and I was
totally satisfied with the way SpamBayes worked. I have the same
configuration now. There was a Spam (frown) button and a Not Spam (smile)
button. When I clicked the Spam button,  the selected message went to the
Junk Mail folder, even if the message was in the Deleted Items folder at the
time. When I clicked the Not Spam button, which was available if I was in
the Junk Suspects or Junk mail folder, the message went back to the inbox.

Now, there is no Not Spam button, and when I click the Spam button, the
message is permanently deleted. I found nothing about this on the
troubleshooting page or the FAQs.

Is it possible that I used an older version of SpamBayes before? I looked
for older versions on the Web site, but I couldn't find one-all the version
numbers appear to be later than 1.0.4. Does anybody know how I can restore
the functionality I had before?

Joel