[Spambayes] Tool Bar Operational Inconsistency

Christopher Karlo ckarlo at mercurynewmedia.com
Wed Oct 24 15:08:30 CEST 2007

SpamBayes Guru -

I am having some issues with my SpamBayes that I cannot seem to resolve.
SpamBayes had been running properly on my current system for several months
until this week when the toolbar functionality started acting weird.

The SpamBayes Outlook Addin appears to load properly and filtering occurs
properly.  The tool bar appears with the 'Delete As Spam' and 'Recover from
Spam' buttons appearing.  Both of these buttons will work fine for managing
(e.g., deleting) a handful of emails (e.g., 5 ~ 10) and then discontinues
working.  Restarting my computer will yield the same results (the buttons
will work for a few emails and then stop working).  I have followed the
methods described in the troubleshooting guide (deleting the toolbars and
completely resetting them).  Again, this results in the buttons working
temporarily (e.g., for the deletion of 5 ~ 10 emails), but then they
discontinue working.

Here are the specs on my machine.

.         Windows Version: Vista

.         Outlook Version: 2007

.         SpamBayes Version: 1.0.4 (March 2005)

Any idea what is causing this or ways to prevent it from occurring?  Any
insights would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

-Chris

Christopher Karlo, Partner
Mercury New Media
2902 Busch Lake Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33614

Phone

 813.933.9800

Mobile

 813.205.1587

Fax

 813.933.7103

Website

  <http://www.mercurynewmedia.com/> www.mercurynewmedia.com

those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Mercury New
Media, Inc. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any
attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability