[Spambayes] distribution request

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at amedee.be
Sat Oct 27 09:46:09 CEST 2007

Hi Andy,

I have seen this question before on the list. Was it you or a collegue, I
don't know.

Anyway: the question you should ask isn't asking for permission. The real
question is: "is it even necessary to ask permission for the
redistribution of non-commercial, free (as in beer), Free (as in speech),
open source, community developed and supported software?"

The first thing you should really be doing, is reading the SpamBayes
license (or ask a legal expert to read it). Iirc the Python licence
applies.

Nobody owns Spambayes, so nobody can give you permission. Because you
don't need permission.

But it is nice of you to let the user community of SpamBayes know where
our favorite antispam solution will be distributed. I'll make a mental
note to tell my dad to pick up a copy - he's a regular reader of
SpamBayes.

Will you include an article about SpamBayes or will you just put it on the
DVD? If you do include an article, please mention this mailing list as the
"official" support channel.

--
Amedee Van Gasse
amedee at amedee.be