[Spambayes] Newbie questions re: filter and training

Steve Malee stevemalee at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 2 15:15:50 CEST 2008

I do feel uncomfortable sending such elementary
questions, BUT where else is there a place to ask
them?

Am using Outlook 2003 SP3, XPPro, Firefox

1.  where do you find the technical refresh for
outlook?  It was mentioned in the FAQs, but not where
to get it.

2.  when should a person use the "rebuild entire
database?"  Should it be kept checked all the time?

3.  Do you use the filter function and train function
both when you are running the program?

4.  At what point do you figure that your emails have
been trained?  What I mean is when should you expect
the training to be completed as much as it can be?  Or
when do you figure that you have not trained properly
and the program needs to be re-configured?

I now have 362 good and 788 spam and am  getting too
many mistakes and suspects.  My settings are as
recommended at 90 and 20.

Thanks for your help