[Spambayes] SpamBayes Proxy once again getting slower

Robert Woodhead trebor at animeigo.com
Fri Feb 1 13:59:17 CET 2008

This is a repeat of the problem I was having earlier.  After resetting
the databases (using Pickle AFAICT) and training on about 200 messages,
SpamBayes is lightning fast classifying messages.  But over a couple of
weeks it gets slower and slower and slower, it's now taking 10+ seconds
per email to do its classification - and Python is maxing out at 100% of
cpu when doing it.

I have set it to not train on incoming email, not cache stuff, etc, to
no avail.

This is on a Mac, using Thunderbayes proxy.

Any suggestions?