[Spambayes] "no filterable mail items are selected"

James Nelson James.Nelson at gibson.com
Thu Feb 14 17:33:08 CET 2008

I'm sure this has been addressed, but I've searched high and low for a resolution but have been unable to find one.  One of our users, when selecting a mail item to mark as spam(or recover from spam, if such is the case)  has to click the mail twice.  The first time...nothing happens.  The second time, the item goes where it's supposed to, but delivers a "no filterable mail items" error message.  The user is using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP SP3 machine.  The logfile:

Loaded bayes database from 'C:\Documents and Settings\dbaker\Application Data\SpamBayes\default_bayes_database.db'
Loaded message database from 'C:\Documents and Settings\dbaker\Application Data\SpamBayes\default_message_database.db'
Bayes database initialized with 1536 spam and 153 good messages
SpamBayes Outlook Addin Binary Version 1.0.4 (March 2005) starting (with engine SpamBayes Engine Version 0.3 (January 2004))
on Windows 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 2)
using Python 2.3.5 (#62, Feb  8 2005, 16:23:02) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)]
SpamBayes: Watching (for filtering) in 'Mailbox - Darrell Baker/Inbox'
SpamBayes: Watching (for filtering) in 'Personal Folders/Inbox'
SpamBayes: Watching (for incremental training) in 'Mailbox - Darrell Baker/Junk E-mail'
Processing missed spam in folder 'Inbox' by starting a timer
Processing missed spam in folder 'Inbox' by starting a timer
Creating new SpamBayes toolbar to host our buttons
Recovering to folder 'Inbox' and ham training message 'Replica watches' -  Training on message 'Replica watches' in 'Mailbox - Darrell Baker/Junk E-mail -  trained as good
ERROR: 'No filterable mail items are selected'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "addin.pyc", line 1024, in GetSelectedMessages
  File "msgstore.pyc", line 365, in GetMessage
C:\Program Files\SpamBayes\lib\spambayes.modules\msgstore.py:126: FutureWarning: %u/%o/%x/%X of negative int will return a signed string in Python 2.4 and up
NotFoundException: NotFoundException: Exception 0x8004010f (MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND): OLE error 0x8004010f
Moving and spam training message 'Replica watches' -  Training on message 'Replica watches' in 'Mailbox - Darrell Baker/Inbox -  trained as spam
ERROR: 'No filterable mail items are selected'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "addin.pyc", line 1024, in GetSelectedMessages
  File "msgstore.pyc", line 365, in GetMessage
NotFoundException: NotFoundException: Exception 0x8004010f (MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND): OLE error 0x8004010f

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any help