[Spambayes] Lost email messages

Joe B joeb34 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 15 20:03:49 CET 2008

Yesterday I installed the latest edition of Spambayes and configured it.  This morning I had no incoming messages at all.  Worse, all the messages in my inbox (Outlook Express) dating from July forward were missing.  I opened the four small icons that were in the taskbar but they indicated that no messages had been received.  Thinking that my missing messages would reappear, I uninstalled Spaybayes, restarted the computer but the messages were still missing.  I also did a system-wide search for Spambaye with no results.

I then sent messages to myself, but they never arrived.  Consequently, I called my ISP, Comcast, but they couldn't help me.

Can you tell me how I can receive incoming mail again, and if possible, recover the hundreds of missing messages.

Since I can't receive any email from Outlook Express, please send your reply to my alternate address, zulu6334 at hotmail.com

Thanks,

Joe Beranek
Tucson, AZ