[Spambayes] Lost email messages

Jesse Pelton jsp at PKC.com
Fri Feb 15 20:32:37 CET 2008

Maybe someone else has heard of or experienced this, but I haven't, so I
did a Google search for "spambayes outlook express missing messages." I
turned up several links with various approaches to the problem. Perhaps
they'll help:

http://ask-leo.com/the_contents_of_my_inbox_disappeared_can_i_recover.ht
ml
http://www.pcanswers.co.uk/tips/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=36270
&subsectionid=616
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321505

________________________________

From: spambayes-bounces at python.org [mailto:spambayes-bounces at python.org]
On Behalf Of Joe B
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 2:04 PM
To: spambayes at python.org
Subject: [Spambayes] Lost email messages

Yesterday I installed the latest edition of Spambayes and configured it.
This morning I had no incoming messages at all.  Worse, all the messages
in my inbox (Outlook Express) dating from July forward were missing.  I
opened the four small icons that were in the taskbar but they indicated
that no messages had been received.  Thinking that my missing messages
would reappear, I uninstalled Spaybayes, restarted the computer but the
messages were still missing.  I also did a system-wide search for
Spambaye with no results.

I then sent messages to myself, but they never arrived.  Consequently, I
called my ISP, Comcast, but they couldn't help me.

Can you tell me how I can receive incoming mail again, and if possible,
recover the hundreds of missing messages.

Since I can't receive any email from Outlook Express, please send your
reply to my alternate address, zulu6334 at hotmail.com

Thanks,

Joe Beranek
Tucson, AZ