[Spambayes] Spambayes 1.1a3 in Outlook 2003 SP3 and Win XP SP2

power nout powernout at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 25 11:01:16 CET 2008

Dear Fighters,

I think I have been a good boy and have read as much as I could before contacting you.

About 2-3 months ago: Toolbar no longer working: followed these instructions from your page: \Documents and Settings\{username}\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outcmd.dat
This still didn't solve the problem, so I removed and reinstalled Spambayes altogether.

Although I saw some improvement, it was certainly not back to normal. The buttons worked for a few days, and then stopped working again. But this past weekend it really "lost it". Mail which always goes directly into my Inbox, now went in to Junk Suspects, or even into Junk Mail. The amount of mail which now goes into my Junk Suspects has increased three-fold.

So...
1. it is scoring, but not doing it well.
2. the buttons are not working

As requested, I have attached a log file. xxxxx has been used to replace username.

Perhaps I should not be asking this but: any idea when these issues will be resolved? If you expect it will take months (which I respect) the wiser thing to do may be to uninstall it and just use the built-in spamfilter from Outlook for the time being. Not my favorite option of course, but at the moment I cannot trust my Spambayes...

Have a nice day,

Powernout "A person who eats Cornflakes is a Cereal Killer"