[Spambayes] question

Jesse Pelton jsp at PKC.com
Wed Jan 23 13:42:04 CET 2008

I think you're asking that SpamBayes always accept messages that claim
to originate from your domain.  That isn't going to happen, except on a
case-by-case basis, because each user trains SpamBayes to his or her
preference.  If any given user gets messages from your domain and tells
SpamBayes that they are spam, they will tend to be classified as spam in
the future.  If, on the other hand, that user treats messages from your
domain as ham, SpamBayes will tend to classify future messages as ham.

Note, though, that SpamBayes looks at many tokens in each message, and
the domain name is just one.  Even if a user classifies most messages
from your domain as ham, if a message from your domain has a lot of
spammy characteristics, it may well end up classified as spam.

In short, there's no way to guarantee that your messages will get by
SpamBayes, nor should there be.  Your best bet is to make sure your
message content matches the content that the recipients want.  If you do
a good job of message composition and list management, you should be
fine.

-----Original Message-----
From: spambayes-bounces+jsp=pkc.com at python.org
[mailto:spambayes-bounces+jsp=pkc.com at python.org] On Behalf Of Marian
Hudec, Ing.
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 5:41 AM
To: spambayes at python.org
Subject: [Spambayes] question

Hi,
how can I set, that our domain is mailserver?
We have domain EO.CZ and our emails hudec at eo.cz and obchod at eo.cz is
marked as BAD adress. (Relay access denied (in reply to RCPT TO
command))

WWW.EO.CZ is e-shop and we are sending a lots of emails (not spams).
Please don't set our adress as spam. Thank you :)

(sorry for my english)

yours sincerely  .. Marian Hudec, Czech Republic
SpamBayes at python.org