[Spambayes] Spambayes & Outlook - not moving messages to specifiedfolder

Jesse Pelton jsp at PKC.com
Wed Jan 30 18:00:03 CET 2008

I don't think SpamBayes marks messages as read. At least, it doesn't on
my machine. I'd recommend configuring Outlook to display SpamBayes'
"spam" field, which shows SpamBayes' estimate of the probability that
the message is spam. If it's not set, SpamBayes hasn't processed the
message. Click SpamBayes on the Outlook toolbar, select Help > About
SpamBayes from the menu that drops down, follow the link on the page
that is displayed about adding the Spam field to your Outlook views, and
follow the directions there.

Also, how many messages have you trained on? (Click SpamBayes, then
select SpamBayes Manager....) SpamBayes may not be moving messages
because it doesn't have enough information to classify them yet.

________________________________

From: spambayes-bounces at python.org [mailto:spambayes-bounces at python.org]
On Behalf Of Paul Hirst
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 11:48 AM
To: spambayes at python.org
Subject: [Spambayes] Spambayes & Outlook - not moving messages to
specifiedfolder

I've got the most recent Spambayes and Outlook 2002, SP3 (10.6822.6830).
Spambayes appears to process spam, as they're marked read, but they're
not moved to the specified directory.  I need to click on the SPAM
button to get them moved to the correct directory.  How can I get
Spambayes to move spam into the right directory?