[Spambayes] The spam folder is invalid: MsgStoreException

Jesse Pelton jsp at PKC.com
Wed Jul 2 13:55:01 CEST 2008

I imagine you're right: the spam folder no longer exists.  Because of
the way Outlook works, simply creating a new folder with the same name
won't help, so you'll need to create a new folder (by whatever name you
like, wherever you like), and then run the SpamBayes Manager to tell
SpamBayes about it.  Click the SpamBayes button on the Outlook toolbar,
select SpamBayes Manager from the menu, click the Filtering tab, and set
the controls in Certain Spam section appropriately.  (I'm using a later
alpha version of SpamBayes, so my directions may not be completely
accurate for 1.0.4.)

-----Original Message-----
From: spambayes-bounces at python.org [mailto:spambayes-bounces at python.org]
On Behalf Of ml at bortal.de
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 4:05 AM
To: spambayes at python.org
Subject: [Spambayes] The spam folder is invalid: MsgStoreException

Hello List,

we are using Outlook XP and Spambayes 1.0.4. When starting Outlook i get

the error: "The spam folder is invalid: MsgStoreException: Exception
0x80004005 (unbekannter fehler): Unbekannter Fehler"
I _guess_ the spam folder was renamed, deleted or moved. Where can i
find out what folder spambayes is looking for in order to create it
again?!
How could i fix this otherwise?

Reinstalling Spambayes did not help.

Thanks,