[Spambayes] PLEASE REPLY TO THIS EMAIL _ IT IS VERY IMPORTANT

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at amedee.be
Sat Jun 28 16:13:24 CEST 2008

On Fri, June 27, 2008 07:09, Carrie Deutsch wrote:
> Dear Spambayes, I sent you a query (which was never answered, and when I
> googled myself, this is what I got - ie all my personal details. Please
> delete all my details from your system.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Carrie
>

> [Spambayes] config - Carrie Deutsch - org.python.spambayes -
> MarkMailCarrie
> Deutsch Mobile: +61 (0)438 003 037 Landline: +61 (0)3 94896037 Mail: 29
> Urquhart St Northcote, 3070 email: carriedeutsch at yahoo.com.au ...
> markmail.org/message/qaxypzdr4fujk2tn - 7k - Cached - Similar pages

Hello Carrie,

I am not Spambayes, I'm just a Spambayes user like you and like everybody
else on this public mailing list. Nobody really "owns" Spambayes like the
old software companies from the previous century did, it's community
project driven by the people who use it.

When you send an email to a public mailing list, everybody on the list can
read your message. This is clearly documented on the subscription page. If
you don't understand what "public mailing list" means, please ask what you
do not understand.
Most of the times a public mailing list is relayed to a dozen of other
mailing list archiving systems like Google or Yahoo or countless others.
So if there is something that you do not want to see on the 'net, don't
put it there yourself in the first place! It's like Pandora's box: once
you open it, there is no way you can get everything that escaped back
inside. Please always be responsible when you write something.
Speaking about responsible, writing a subject in ALL CAPS is against
netiquette, in other words: it is very, *very* rude. Perhaps you didn't
know that.

Concerning your original question: it won't hurt to ask again. Perhaps you
didn't give enough information about your problem the first time. Perhaps
your mail just wasn't interesting enough to answer. Perhaps the answer to
your question is in plain sight in the documentation. Or perhaps you *did*
get an answer, but for some unknown reason you didn't see that answer.

So my advice would be: ask again, and ask what was wrong or incomplete in
your previous question.

Kind regards,

Amedee Van Gasse

PS: please reply to the list so that all may benefit.