[Spambayes] why

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Mar 7 19:50:03 CET 2008

    Dale> There might be another option.  I know that many, if not all, of
    Dale> the att yahoo's have a pop3 option for email.

Yes, POP3 is definitely an option, though I think that will require Anne to
learn to use a different mail program.  She's currently using Firefox as her
mail reader (reading through-the-web), so the mail always resides on Yahoo's
machines.  That suggested to me that IMAP would be the best way to tackle
the problem, of course assuming Yahoo! supports it.  (They don't,
unfortunately.)

Anne,

Would you will willing to take the plunge and switch to Outlook Express or
some other mail reader?  If so, the SpamBayes POP3 proxy should work for you
and greatly simplify the spam handling side of your life.  Based on the mail
you sent me, you're about the same age as my mother-in-law and indicated
you're an Internet novice.  Do you have someone who can help you with
computer stuff -- a grandchild who can be bribed with cookies and milk
perhaps?  :-)

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.webfast.com/~skip/