[Spambayes] SpamBayes/Thunderbayes with SSL (repeat)

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sun Mar 9 13:31:59 CET 2008

    Craig> Thunderbird works fine without Spam- or Thunderbayes when I have
    Craig> it connected directly to comcast through port 995.

Can you get Thunderbird to talk to localhost:8111 when you have stunnel
running, using this configuration?

    Stunnel
     [pop3s]
     accept  = localhost:8111
     connect = mail.comcast.net:995

Also, why are you having to use SSL tunnelling at all?  The latest version
of SpamBayes (1.1) supports POP3 SSL connections.  Thunderbayes uses
Spambayes 1.0.4 as its base I believe.  I'm not sure if it supported POP3
SSL.  If not, maybe suggest to the Thunderbayes author that he consider
updating.

Skip