[Spambayes] Concept Question

RickGates rick at rickgates.com
Tue Mar 18 22:35:28 CET 2008

All,

I'm having trouble conceptualizing SpamBayes for Outlook's Filtering Tab.

My settings are currently:

Certain Spam: 90
Possible Spam: 15

Does this mean that:

a. If a message scores more than 90 it's dumped in my spam folder
b. If a message scores between 15 & 90 it's dumped in my possible spam
folder
c. If it scores less than 15 it stays in my Inbox

After a month of using SpamBayes, I'm still getting a lot of spam in my
Inbox (maybe 10% of my legitimate mail) and I'm tempted to drop the Possible
Spam score from 15 down to 10, but I'm not sure if I'm doing the right
thing.

Thanks for any advice,

Rick Gates
rick at rickgates.com